Sunday, December 8, 2013

Oh how time flies

Well it has been a while since I have blogged and there has been a lot happen in the past 3 weeks.  The kids have been busy with their activities.  Colt tested to advance to a yellow belt in karate this past week.  His teacher, Mr. Moore, works with him to teach him the importance of being a yellow belt.  So far it hasn't rolled over into behavior at home but we are continually working on it.

The weekend before Thanksgiving David, the kids and I headed up to Salt Lake.  We went up there to go to Mary Stanger's farewell but we spent most of our time with David's family.  We stayed at his sister, Shari's house.  I was glad to finally meet more of his family.  We also went up to his parent's house to visit with his dad.  Then we headed to Hollee's house to visit with her and Jonah.  She was going to be watching my kids that night.  On Sunday morning David and I got up and headed to Farmington to visit with his grandparents.  David had not seen them in over a year and they were ecstatic to see him and I was glad that I got to meet them.  We weren't able to visit very long but at least we got some time in.  We then headed to Mary's farewell.  She is heading to Mexico mid December and she did a great job on her talk.  She will do a great job on her mission.  We had to head home shortly after but all in all it was a great weekend.

The next week was a short week at work, only two days :-)  Aspen was really excited to get 5 days off of school, as was I.   I made it through the two days of work and headed out of the building.  Wednesday I dropped Colt off at daycare for a few hours, since I was paying for it anyway.  Aspen and I ran a few errands before heading back to the house and pulled out a few Christmas decorations.  We got a few up before we went to pick up Colt and head over to David's house.  David had told me that morning that his girls wanted to do a scavenger hunt for my kids that day.  I told him that as long as it was done before dark.  He had asked me around noon if I was still planning on bringing the kids over which I thought was weird but didn't think anything of it.  So this scavenger hunt turned into a driving around one.  He told me that he had to drive the kids around to drop off the clues and I waited at his house.  Then me and the 7 kids piled into his minivan and headed back out to do the scavenger hunt.  The hunt was done youngest to oldest so my kids were first.  At first, Colt and Aspen didn't know what they were looking for but after Baylee and the twins help them find candy then they were good.  They helped everyone else.  And man did we go all around town.  We went to Dixie Middle School because Colt has karate there.  Then to Aspen's dance studio.  Then to the spin park for Alanah and off to the Main Street park for Alyssa.  Then to Taco Bell for Baylee and Lin's for Austin's and finally to their church for Celise's.  I was glad to finally be done with it but Celise brought out a clue for me which led to the temple.  When we got there, there was an iPhone set up with music to play "Will you marry me?" by Jason DeRulo and David came out, got down on one knee and proposed.  I was shocked that he asked so soon but said yes!!  Then we went out for dinner to celebrate at Iggy's.  And we had the waiter ask if all the kids were ours :)  I am sure that won't be the last time we are asked that question.






So Colt had his eyes fixated on the basketball game on the big screen at Iggy's.  We have never seen him like that but greatly enjoyed it.










So the next day was Thanksgiving and we had lots of family to celebrate with.  Tylor and Victoria were down from Seattle and my Aunt Terri had flown out from Indiana.  So it was fun to share the happy news with them.  Thanksgiving was a fun day filled with family and fun and football.

No comments:

Post a Comment