Saturday, June 28, 2014

WOW.......how time flies

The end of the school year is always hard with so many things going on.  Baylee had a graduation ceremony from graduating from Vista that David and I were able to attend.  She got an award for excellence in yearbook as well as got on the honor roll.  I headed up to Cedar for their graduation.  It was so good to see my former students and fellow colleagues.  It made me a little sad that I wasn't there this past year but it was definitely good to see them.  I was also able to take Aspen to visit her kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Jones.  Both Aspen and Mrs. Jones just loved seeing each other again.

After all the graduation stuff, came the Memorial Day holiday.  All of our kids were with their other parent so David and I planned to go to Mesquite for a little getaway.  We ended up coming back early because due to some unforeseen stuff going on.  David and I had a nice time down in Mesquite watching ball games, primarily the NBA finals and watching movies.  David's kids all took off for California with their mom the following Tuesday and my kids were with their dad that week minus two days that they spent with me.  So we had a couple of days to ourselves.  So weird because we haven't had more than two days of alone time.  But I was able to work on the prerequisite course for starting grad school and do some cleaning around the house.  I did get my kids back for a week in which Aspen did a Frozen themed dance camp.  She was super excited to do it and loved coming out to tell me everything that they did that day.  On the last day, the class showed the dance that they had been working on that week.  Aspen knew her stuff yet again.  Colten enjoyed being able to go over to Jay's house while Aspen was at her dance camp.  He loves X-boxing it up with Jay and the boys.

We got all the kids back in time for Father's Day (my kids' dad had to work so it could be a rare occasion for me).  We gave David lots of candy for his present and I gave him gift cards to Slurp's Up, his new favorite drink place.  We did go over to my parents house for dinner and to play games.  I am very grateful for David and his role as a father in our home.  He does such an amazing job with my kids and I love him for that.

The next week started off crazy.  Alyssa, Alanah and Baylee were leaving on Tuesday for girls camp so I spent Monday running around getting them stuff they would need, including a physical for Baylee.  That night the whole family was able to go see the Wizard of Oz up at Tuacahn.  It was really windy so we didn't get to see the witch fly a whole lot but it was still a good play.  I was shocked at how well Colt did through it.  He liked to comment through it but I would cover his mouth so he knew to whisper.  At intermission, Alanah did not look so good so David and Alyssa took her home.  It was a long night for David while he tried to make sure Alanah was ok.

Tuesday morning we dropped Alyssa and Baylee off to go to girls camp and later that morning I took Alanah to the doctor.  We found out that she had pneumonia but he said she wasn't contagious so if she wanted to go up to camp she could.  So David and I drove her up to camp in Beaver.  It was nice to be able to just have some alone time and talk about things.

My kids had started swim lessons and seemed to be enjoying it.  Well, Colt thinks everything is boring as usual.  So he whined about it until he got in the pool.  He did really well in his lessons.  He didn't pass the level he was on but I think with some work he can do what he didn't pass off.  Aspen did really well.  She has been able to swim on her own for a while but now she is learning the crawl and the backstroke.  She passed off her stuff just fine.

We have had a busy summer so far and next week we head up to Midway to see David's family.  After that I start school so I will be busy with that.  The kids have all enjoyed the pool passes that we got the family and I think there has not been a day go by that they haven't been at the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment