Sunday, August 27, 2017

Back to School 2017

Well Colten was ready to go back to school....Aspen was ready to see her friends.  But alas, they are back in school.  Colten is in the 3rd grade and has Mrs. Beraz as his homeroom teacher.  Aspen is in her last year of elementary school :'( 5th grade and has Mrs. Tui (I can't spell or pronounce her last name) as her homeroom teacher.  Arrowhead is doing something new this year and having elementary kind of like the older grades. The kids will rotate through 3 teachers with each teacher taking a subject to teach.  So far I haven't heard any complaints about that.  Now homework on the other hand, Aspen has noticed an increase in that compared to last year.  They got homework on the second day of school - not much time to readjust haha.





To recap the last two weeks - let's see what I can remember.  Aspen has had a sleepover at Audra's twice.  Once the weekend before school and once the weekend after school started.  I don't want to think of how many sleepovers she would have had if she had been here over the summer.  While at the sleepovers, Colt and I got to hang out.  The first weekend, we went to Teriyaki Grill for dinner and came home to watch a movie.  The next weekend wasn't as exciting but I got a lot of cleaning done.

Colten has started flag football and is loving it.  He doesn't love that he doesn't get the ball as much.  But this past game the only time he did get it, he ran the whole field and scored a touchdown.  (He scored one in the game before as well).  My Aunt Terri and Uncle Tom were back in town and came to his game.  I think he really enjoyed having a cheering section for him.  Tom thought he was a great player.

The kids' Aunt Holly has been staying with us during the week since she got a job down here.  The kids have enjoyed that.  I have also enjoyed it as I have asked for a few favors in the way of helping me get kids to different places.  It has also been nice having an adult to talk to.

Aspen will be starting her Girls on the Run program in a couple of weeks.  She is trying to convince her friends to join as well.  I don't think she is having much success though.  She is loving being back with her friends.  She missed them this past summer.

I started actually teaching this past week.  It is good to be back with students.  It has been a crazy start of the year.  There are two new teachers in my department so I have been trying to make sure they were all set and ready to go.  This past Friday my school had an outing at Fiesta Fun.  I brought my kids along so they could play a little bit.  I think they enjoyed it.  After Fiesta, we headed to Outback Steakhouse for dinner with my parents and Terri and Tom.  Well except for Aspen, she actually headed up to Richfield with Holly to go visit with Grandpa Higgins.

I also got in to see my neurologist this past week.  It was a good appointment in that I learned that for the first 5 years of my MS diagnosis, the medication wasn't doing anything for me.  He said I have a very aggressive disease and was shocked that I didn't have some sort of disability.  (Well he would say that my left hand is a disability but a minor one).  So I have the job of getting my scans from my last MRI before my next appointment so he can see if my current medication is working.  I really like this doctor and am glad that I now know that I am not doing as well as I thought I was.  But he will help me hopefully get on medication that will slow down this disease of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment