Sunday, November 5, 2017

Halloween 2017

So after a couple of calm weeks the business was bound to return.  Pretty predictable when there is a holiday.  On the 30th, Colten got invited to a Harry Potter party by one of his classmates.  Apparently, it was meant to be a family party but she knew how much Colt loved Harry Potter and really wanted him to come.  And after going, I can see why.  The house had "floating" candles and the flags for each house.  Aspen and Colt were so excited to buy a wand and some potions.  Colt has been walking around all week shouting out spells.  He has even researched more spells so he could say them.









The kids were super disappointed when I told them that we had to go to get to our next activity.  And we just barely made it in time.  (Mainly because I had to drop off the Harry Potter cloak to my cousin and go to my parent's to record the Bronco game).  But we did make it to Tuacahn's Thriller.  I believe this was the kids first time seeing it.  They had watched the trailer on YouTube and I had told them a few things.  It has been a while since I have seen it but I liked the changes.  And the kids really enjoyed it...it was a late night for them...but they enjoyed it.






The kids struggled a little to get up the next morning for choir but they did it.  And they didn't forget a single thing for their Halloween festivities at school.  I was able to make it to their school parade.  This is Aspen's last year so she got to lead the pack.  It is hard to believe she is finalizing her elementary years.  Colt looked good in his knight get up.  Grandma Chris was able to make it to see all 3 grandkids as well.  After the parade, I took the kids by Great Grandma Chris' so she could see their costumes.






After Great Grandma's, I took the kids to Findlay's trunk or treat.  They had a haunted trailer that the kids went through...they said it wasn't scary.  But it was amusing to them.  It was fun to see all of the cars decorated for Halloween.



The kids had just enough time to relax before heading out to an evening of fun and candy.  Holly made it back from work just in time to join us at our ward's trunk or treat.  Actually there were 3 wards with pizza.  There were so many people there handing out candy we probably could have called it a night but of course we didn't.  There was a family there that had a wheel to spin for the candy they got.  Colt landed on the jack pot and won a king size candy bar.  He was pretty excited about that.  He also was happy to help his buddy hand out some candy before we headed to the neighborhood.


So off to our old neighborhood for a little trick or treating.  The first house the kids went to got a full size Snickers bar.  The second, Cadbury cookies.  While that pace didn't keep up the whole time, the kids got so much candy.  They got a donut and hot chocolate as well.  Oh and a stuffed animal.  We made it to the house with the dance party.  Colt loved dancing and we stayed for 2 songs.  We also made it to the house with all the games to grant Aspen's wish.  I would say that the evening was a success.





No comments:

Post a Comment