Sunday, July 21, 2019

July Recap

Ok so the first part of July I was kidless and enjoying the last few days of it...since the kids got home I have been enjoying some quality time with them so now that they are off with grandparents and cousins to Podunk, I am going to recap the July happenings thus far.

I started a master's program that my school's parent company is funding through Southern New Hampshire University.  This master's program is no joke...lots of reading lol.  I love to read but reading about research is not fun lol.  Luckily I have good organizational skills to keep me on pace with the online school where it is easy to forget to complete work.

Fourth of July this year was pretty low key.  I had gotten 2 tickets to the St. George celebration with Michael Ray performing a month prior.  But then I entered to win tickets again (and won them!) that came with a dinner and water mister so I gave the other 2 to my parents.  I didn't do much during the day because I didn't have the kids.  I did go to Zeppe's to enjoy their special for the day....it was delish.  I went with some friends to the concert.  I had been trying to listen to some Michael Ray songs so I was at least familiar with them and it paid off.  And even though Alicia got there early and got us some pretty good seats after about the third song Ed, his brother, his nephew and I went up to the standing section and stayed there the rest of the concert.  It was a really fun concert.  Also reminded me of another reason I am glad to be at an online school...bo - it's real lol.  The fireworks afterwards were amazing.  It was fun to just lay back and watch (and feel) them.























The day before I headed out to Hollee's to help her out.  Oaklee is such a fun toddler and Raven is the cutest little baby.  I love hanging out with the family.  Oaklee loves her movies and won't take her eyes off of it for a picture lol.





















Streetfest started off the weekend for me (and to be honest I don't remember what else I did that weekend).  I went to see my friend Lance's band play.  This is the second time I have heard Identity Crisis play and I just love them.  I didn't head to the band before stopping off at Marie's booth.
Sunday was the big day...the return of my kiddos.  They didn't get into town until 6:30pm so I did spend a little time at my parents house beforehand.  I think the kids were excited to be back home and embark on the adventures that I had planned for them.  Aspen has probably a handful of days where she is actually home but she is enjoying being so busy.

And of course, I couldn't let them go another day without meeting their newest cousin.  Aspen ended up staying the whole day and coming home with Grandma.  She was in heaven.  Colten had karate so he couldn't.  But they love Raven and Oaklee.





We got back into our movie kick.  I think someone missed me since she wanted to be right next to me the whole movie :).  We headed over to the grandparents house to get some of the ice cream cake we missed on Sunday lol.  Grandparents were up at Tuacahn so they don't know.  We also hit up the movie theater to see the new Spiderman movie.  It was so good and the kids enjoyed it a lot.





Aspen left the following day for girls camp...say what?  How is she old enough to go to girls camp?  I am not quite sure but somehow she managed to sneak growing up on me.  Her report was that she will definitely be going back next year...that's what I like to hear.
Ok I am going to have to do another post to finish catching up....man we have been busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment