This past week was a short week for me work wise but it definitely didn't feel like it. So with Valentine's Day being last Sunday, we kept it pretty low key. Actually the kids banished us to our room while they spent the afternoon planning and executing a Valentine's dinner for us. They put together a pre-show dance before serving us dinner. It was really so cute. Annika wasn't in the dance number (she was filming it) when they performed it for us, but she did it later when they did it again. They made spaghetti for dinner and had baked a red velvet cake for Zac and a Bronco cake for me. Super cute.



Monday was no school for any of us. Since Zac and Colten would be working on the Hummer all day, Tashlee was doing parade of homes with her mom, I decided to take the littles and Aspen out to my parents. I also invited Hollee to tag along. The girls had so much fun playing in the dress ups Grandma had. They went to the school park and had a blast. Grandma made up hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch. And after lunch, Grandpa got out his side by side and took kids for a ride up the street. Well, he let Aspen drive, took all the kids for a ride, then let Hollee and I drive our kids. It was pretty fun and the kids all want to do it again sometime.















Tuesday was Tashlee's 14th birthday. While Zac was still working on the Hummer, he took her and two of her friends to Pick Me Up and Wal-Mart. We weren't able to do much other than say Happy Birthday but have plans to do something the next weekend we have the girls. On Tuesday afternoon, the littles and I were able to watch Raven while Oaklee was at dance. We took her on the trail down to Confluence park. She really loved walking lol.
Aspen has loved being a "techie" for the high school play. Well this past weekend was the final production. She got to be away from the house more (which I am sure she loved more) but it has been so fun to see her enjoy something she loves. I truly expect her to do many more plays. She has the final cast party on Monday and then she will be bored again. I did tell her to get numbers so she could hang out with some of her new friends. She is also loving the hedgehogs and holds them every opportunity she gets.
Zac had wanted to do dipped strawberries for Valentine's day but learned that everyone else does that too lol. We were able to get the chocolate but no strawberries to be found (at Wal-Mart that is). So, he got some this past week and we were able to celebrate a late Valentine's present. For a guy who hates celebrating holidays, he sure does celebrate them for me :)
Finally the weekend came. Friday night Aspen was doing her play and Colten was off at a deacon's activity of "Candy Camp In". It was a long night of playing games and eating food, although Colten told me he didn't eat much. Zac and I tried to go work more on the Hummer but the paint wasn't quite ready to be painted, so we came home and watched TV.
Zac did get up early (5am) to work work on the Hummer since he was supposed to have it done. Colten joined him at 7 and Aspen and I were over shortly after to help for a few hours. When Zac got ready to paint, I took Colten to get his hair cut (love when he gets a hair cut) and relax at home. He later joined Zac to get the Hummer put together. Aspen went in for her matinee and was at the school the rest of the day. Once the boys were home, Colten went over to a friend's house for the evening. Zac got ice cream and Pepsi and settled in for a night of video games while I went on the planned sister date with Hollee.
We had so much fun. We planned to use some of our free items from starving student and Dixie Direct. We started at McDonald's (learned they no longer have the all day breakfast or lemonade!) so Hollee got two large Dr. Pepper's lol. Then we went to Burger King for a free 10 piece chicken nuggets. Then off to Sweet Rolled Taco! That was so fun to watch how they made your treat and man was it so good. I requested that we stop by Sweet Tooth Fairy since their treats were buy one get one free (and Zac requested one). Then we tried going to Fiesta Fun for free mini golf (but honestly it was so cold I didn't really want to) but there was a long line and I found a bowling coupon. So we headed to Dixie Bowl to only find out we had an hour wait (you can tell how much we get out on the weekend lol) but we put our name on the wait list just in case. Hollee found her Laser Mania and we went to do the mini golf over there (indoors). We had sos much fun. I actually did pretty good with golfing. Don't know if it was the black lights, or that I was really tired, or that I was golfing with Hollee. But we had a lot of fun. Hollee had on her white Hype sweatshirt and took it off half way through only to discover her blue shirt was covered in white from the sweatshirt. She also discovered something on her hands that showed up in the black light (she quickly put on sanitizer when we got back to the car). I had a little bit too but not nearly has much as she did. We headed home after that. All in all it was a fun, much needed, night out.














This was the last hole. I did it in 5 shots and it took Hollee 10 so we were able to mark it with our fingers lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment