Our lives had pretty much gotten back into the rhythm of normal, except me posting last Sunday lol. So here are a few of the things that have happened. I got a memory from FaceBook that it was the year anniversary of bringing Waffles home, no naturally I did a comparison photo. I think he has grown lol.
Friday night we went to the Hurricane varsity game. Well, right before we left Zac was spraying some tanks and one of the chewy's got out. So, we secured the exits in our room and hoped he would go back into his tank to eat. Well, that didn't happen so Zac got his gloves on and went to work. These lizards are fast and jump far. Zac had to try a few times but eventually won the battle and got it back in his home. It probably helped that I said I would sleep in Colten's bed and Colten would sleep with him if he didn't get the chewy back in it's home lol.
On Saturday, Colten and I ended up going back to Instacare to see if he could get a doctor's note clearing him to play football. Well, he cleared and was able to suit up for the revenge game against Canyon View. He didn't play much but got out there for defense. He had a touchdown scored on him but he continued to try. Then in the 4th the ball got thrown to his guy who had slipped behind him and he tried to do a leg tackle and it hurt his shoulder. He sat out the last two minutes but Hurricane got an interception to seal the win.
Sunday was a nice relaxing day. I taught my final lesson in Primary and I believe I took a nap that day. But in the evening, we headed out to the park so Zac could work with Colten a little on catching and taking off running. They ended up racing. I think Colten won the shorter distance but Zac won the longer distance (not by much or if any). It was a fun evening.
Monday brought Hollee and I's sister date. We went to Morty's in St. George and then stopped by Darcee's house. Darcee wasn't at home so we took pictures of us "taking" some of the precious food and toilet paper items and posted it to FaceBook. Darcee said she thought we were at mom's until she saw the picture with Jeramiah and realized it was her house. Lucky for Darcee, we didn't take anything.
Thursday brought us out to Alijah's JV game at Hurricane. We went and chatted with Darcee and her family. Aspen chatted with Grandma. Alijah never made it into the game (we already knew that) but it was fun to support anyway. Pine View crushed Hurricane anyway so we were sitting on the right side lol.
Friday we planned to go to the varsity Hurricane game at Pine View. We headed into St. George a little early because we wanted to get to the TNT archery place to get Aspen's bow fixed. The guy ended up stringing it but said the bow was too small for Aspen. But he let her go try out a bow to get a little instruction and practice. She loved it (and Zac did too). It was definitely worth going out for.
The game wasn't entertaining for Hurricane fans as we got smoked. Hurricane did manage to score a touchdown though. I think we are re-thinking whether to drive to their away games lol.
Saturday we headed out to Peach Days and walked around all the booths. Zac said it was a lot bigger than he remembered. We ended up being there about 3 hours. But we got a few things and a corn dog from the Corn Dog company.
We came home to rest a little before heading out to the booth to help Zac get some parts painted. Well, the kids and I headed home when he got to painting to get dinner. We had Colten's late game that night and wanted to get the bow returned so we could get another one that actually fit Aspen. Due to Zac's amazing showering skills we left when we needed to to drop off Zac and Aspen and I dropped off Colten to warm up. It was actually a great evening for football. Darcee and Jay, Grandma and Grandpa all showed up as well, despite starting at 10pm. Colten only played defense and a few plays after halftime he went in for a group tackle and ended up at the bottom and re-injured his shoulder again. So, we'll be looking into physical therapy this week and he will definitely be sitting for next week's game. So hard to see him go through an injury that takes time to heal. Hurricane ended up losing 34-20. It was a tough loss but will hopefully give the boys the drive to work harder for next week.





















No comments:
Post a Comment