Well school has resumed...homework has resumed...chores have resumed...fighting has resumed. Gotta love the normal life right. Na Aspen and Colt are pretty good with routines and mom is better with routines.
Aspen has continued with choir in school and is excited for the songs they are doing this time. She also started back up with gymnastics. I think she is still enjoying it but she never really tells me anything. She has also been enjoying having sleepovers at Audra's house and asks for one practically every weekend. Unfortunately that can't happen. This weekend she has gone up to her dad's to visit with her new baby brother. She was very excited to go and be able to spend some time with him. School has been going alright for her. She has a lot more homework or things to work on this year. Not always pleasant to get her to work on them :( She is also enjoying piano, but again not always fun to get her to practice. I signed her up for a Girls on the Run thing at school. She will be doing it for 10 weeks and learning about different life lessons while also running. She will do a 5k at the end of it. She is a busy girl but I think she likes it that way.
Colten is still my bundle of patience. When things are good with him they are good, when they are not good....well they aren't. But he has been improving so I'll take the little steps. He loves school and I get nothing but great reports from his teacher. She is truly impressed with his reading and has seen so much growth in him this year. I am very proud of him too. He loves his electronic time so he is usually pretty good at coming home from school and getting to work on his chores. He almost always has his screen time when it is available. He is still in karate and doing really well with it. I have added practicing karate to his chores so he kind of doesn't have a choice. He picked basketball back up after the break. He is really quite the defender. The coach always seems to put him on the tall guy from the other team and Colt stays with him. This last game you could tell that other kid was frustrated because he couldn't get around Colt. Colt was just smiling away. The baskets at the new elementary are weird so Colt hasn't done as well offensively but that hasn't deterred him.
Love these two kids of mine. Trying to always have patience with them is a struggle but I am working on it. Lucky for me they are pretty forgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment