So school got out on Dec 18th. I went to Arrowhead to have lunch with the kids before I checked them out early to come up to Cedar City with me for my school outing. We were going ice skating :) Aspen loved it!! She really got the hang of it. I think there was a 6th grader there from UTVA that helped her figure out how to really skate. Colt, I had to hold his hand most of the time. But I had to take a break and the same 6th grader helped him a little. I did get to meet 2 of my high schoolers there. It was really fun to actually see them and talk with them. I found out that a group of my students have made a facebook group about me loving the Broncos (they hate the broncos). I found that amusing. I even helped one of them out. I had worn my Broncos santa hat so we took a picture of her trying to take it off my head. I think I am going to share that pic with them when we get back from the break.
After the trip up to Cedar, the kids and I just hung out at the house until later that evening when Colt and I went to see the new Start Wars movie, "The Force Awakens". He LOVED it. I did too. It is a great movie if you love the Star Wars movies but not so much if you don't enjoy them. It does repeat some story lines but I still love it.
The next day the kids left with their dad for his time for Christmas. I spent the day cleaning. I got my bedroom all straightened up and vacuumed. Then I got the living room and dining area cleaning up and vacuumed. And the kitchen all cleaned up. After that I was perfectly fine sitting in front of the TV. And that is pretty much how the rest of the week went until the kids came back Christmas morning.
Santa didn't bring much to my house this year so opening presents went quickly. Aspen got two cookbooks, aprons, blog book and candy. Colten got the game Minecraft, some wii light sabers, blog book and candy. David got mountain dew, a Raiders sweatshirt and a gift card. Then I got a winter Broncos jacket, a Broncos shirt and a Broncos blanket (that is so soft and Aspen tries to steal it all the time). The kids went and played with their toys or watched Netflix or something. Then Grandma and Grandpa Chris came over to see what they got and then Colt and I headed out to Hurricane to go to Star Wars for Hollee's birthday. David and Aspen joined us later for dinner at Hollee's. All the adults played hand 'n foot and David and I crushed Hollee and Jonah. It was great. All in all, it was a great Christmas.
Saturday brought the usual chores and complaining from the kids. But I told them if they got all their chores done they could go over to Darcee's house and play with the cousins. Colt was done so fast but Aspen took a little while and a lot of pushing from me. But eventually she got it done and they went over to play. And of course, that turned into a sleep over. That's all they do is sleep over. And on Sunday night her boys came to sleep over at our house. Gotta love cousin time.
Monday night Darcee's family and me and my kids went over to G & G's house to watch the Broncos game. Only they weren't doing so well. So we turned it off when they were getting killed 14-0 and started playing cards. I watched the game through the ESPN app. And they came out way better in the second half and won the game in overtime. Mom and I watched the overtime once the game was over. Aspen had a sleep over at Audra's and Colten went back over to Darcee's so I spent the night alone at the house.
Tuesday we headed to Midway to join David and his kids. Aspen was way excited to G & G Hight and her cousins on that side. On Wednesday, Aspen and I went ice skating again. It was a little harder since we were on different skates. Aspen couldn't get the hang of them. But they had little things that you could push to help keep your balance so she used that quite a bit. She would get mad when I would pass her up :). We lasted about 2 hours in the 20 degree weather before calling it quits. But it was fun. Kaitlyn came over after that and played with Aspen and had a sleep over. Colt pretty much spent the entire time on his tablet with just a few interruptions. He is always in heaven when he can undivided time on his tablet.
Thursday David and I headed up to Farmington with Austin to visit David's grandparents. It was so nice to visit with them and see how things are going. We went to have lunch at The Habit. It was crazy busy but we were finally able to get a table and talk some more. It was a great visit but eventually we had to head back up to Midway.
Shari was having a party for all the girls at her house for New Year's Eve so that left the rest of us and mom and dad's. Julie and Brent came up for dinner. Julie and I went to visit the girls party for a little bit before going back to mom and dad's. Then David, Austin and Colt headed back home around 10. Austin had his friend from Texas coming into town so he wanted to get home as soon as possible.
I stayed awake talking with mom and Julie and then had to go pick up the girls at midnight. Then headed to bed as soon as I got home. Midnight is way past my bedtime. The girls and I headed home the next morning.
Then on New Year's day, we headed over to my parents to visit with my family and watch some bowl games (although they have all been blow outs so not very entertaining). We did play a game of hand 'n foot where David and I did win on the last round by going out while catching everyone in their foots. And of course, my kids ended up at Darcee's house. I bet they don't ever want the break to end.
Playing How the Grinch Stole Christmas
| What?? Deer under the tramp?? |
No comments:
Post a Comment