Finally, our vacation arrived. We headed out on Thursday, making a pit stop at The Creamery in Beaver for ice cream and cheese, before stopping for the night at Doug and Melissa's. Zac picked up an unassembled AR 15 in Provo before we headed up To Bear Lake.
We had borrowed a truck from Zac's buddy, Doug, so we weren't able to pick up Aspen and Colten in Brigham City like last year. Luckily, their dad was willing to drive them across the mountain and drop them off for me. We were running late so he just checked them in to the condo and took off. There was a fire somewhere up in Idaho so when we reached the top of the canyon you could not see the lake. I don't recall a time that the lake was unseeable. After we got all unloaded, we headed over to my family's cabin to check out. It was a pretty nice cabin with a nice yard. Annika and Channing kept themselves busy with Oaklee most of the night. Kayleeya had brought up a hammock that Aspen and Tashlee loved escaping in. We played games until I couldn't keep my eyes open lol. Zac even played a little Phase 10 with me and my parents.
Saturday brought lake day. Justyn was having more trouble with his trailer but eventually got something to work until he got home. Jay took the kids out on the boat while Justyn was working on the trailer. Annika, Channing and Oaklee had lots of fun playing in the sand. We had dinner back at the cabin before heading into Garden City for shakes!
Sunday was the Stewart family birthday party put on by the Watkins family. The theme was traditions and man did they do a good job of it. We painted some seashells cause Grandma Stewart loved shells. Then we went for mini golf. Our group goal was to beat Hollee and Jonah's score. We did, just barely. Then we went to the ice cream place where we made our own ice cream. Man was that cold. Then we put together a puzzle signifying all the games we have played. Next up was the balloon launch. Since the actual balloon launcher was banned, we did marshmallow launching. It was fun seeing the kids get a little taste of what we did for years. Finally we went for story time. Paula had written a book that talked about traditions. It was such a cute book. All in all, it was a great party! After the party we had a Chris family kickball game. It was so fun! We had everyone playing, even grandpa who was the designated pitcher. Definitely a hit and want to repeat. After the game it was back to the cabin for dinner and more playing. The kids were awesome to go outside and play but when the bugs came out they came inside to watch a movie.
Monday brought a swim day with Hollee's family over at the World Mark pool. After the pool, the adults left the kids to give Los Primos restaurant a try. It was delish. And of course, we got some shakes afterwards. That night I was in charge of dinner and man did I make enough. But crack chicken is always a hit.
Tuesday was another lake day for half of the family. Zac, Aspen and Tashlee opted to stay at the condo. The rest of us headed to the lake. Colten and I went out on the boat with Justyn, Rachel, Paige, Issy, Oaklee, Jay, Grandma and Grandpa. Paige and Jay rode the tub the whole time. Colten just about did but had a pretty narly wipe out so he called it quits. I even got out on the tube. Man it was choppy water and I was sore for 3 days from holding on so tight. Grandma even got on the tube on the ride back into shore. Then I hitched a ride on the tube from the boat to shore compliments of Jay. Annika and Channing were content playing on the shore and the water. Aspen and Tashlee were able to rent some bikes and took them to go explore the fine shopping of Garden City. After dinner, we did our annual Grandparents buy shakes trip in Garden City. Everyone enjoyed their shake.
Wednesday morning we hit the go-karts before the family left. Everyone that rode had a blast. Aspen drove with Annika and Channing rode with Tashlee. Colten got quite a bumpy car while Trent had the fastest machine. Jeramiah and Alijah spent half of the time trying to pass their dad and he finally let them. Grandma and Grandpa showed up as the kids were getting out of their machines...too bad. Aspen and Tashlee then went with them for their next adventure of Girls Camp. Zac, Colten, Annika, Channing and myself were the lone Chris clan members left. We took off for Montpelier, ID to see the Butch Cassidy Museum. The museum was so fun. The kids got to dress up in inmate clothes and go in the jail. Between Zac and I, we probably "donated" enough money for them to stay open a couple more days. We stopped by the Paris Tabernacle on the way home to learn more about it. Then I took the kids to the pool that evening. We headed over to Ideal Beach for some midnight madness mini golf. They had the cool lights that I actually did much better than I expected. It was Annika and Channing's first time golfing ever, I don't recommend the first time to be in the dark lol. It was fun though. Thanks Colten for the suggestion :)
The girls teaching me how to do the duck face lol
Saturday we made our way home but first I repaid Tashlee's picture with a picture of my own. Because I am fully vaccinated I got a free glazed doughnut. I got more for my passengers lol




















































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment