Apparently I am not as strict as my parents as I let the kids go look in the living room but I did not let Colten just open all of his presents. The kids had fun opening their presents and I opened mine like every 5 of theirs lol. I got a candle from Colten and lotion from Aspen and a Bronco keychain and TBBT season 11 from Santa. I will try to list what the kids got...don't know if I can remember it all though.
Colten (from mom) - chromebook, Denver Broncos puzzle, IQ puzzles (from Aspen) a Broncos calendar (from Santa) Madden 16 for the ps3 (from his dad) a Broncos shirt (from Grandpa and Sheila) a bunch of things from their Alaska trip
Aspen (from mom) - a karaoke machine, a Build-a-Bear cat, some Beanie Boos, paint, headbands, easel (from Colten) a bigger Beanie Boo (from Santa) a Disney villains coloring book (from her dad) an art set (with coloring pencils, paints, brushes) (from Grandpa and Sheila) most of the same things as Colten but a purse instead of a hat.
Grandma and Grandpa's big present was their camper they bought earlier in the year. I also got them something that my friend made. It is a piece of wood with their family tree on it. I figured they have plenty of stuff with all their grandkids and this was a unique gift. They loved it. My mom also got my dad some lemon Oreos haha. So he had been trying to buy himself lemon Oreos for the past week and my mom kept telling him no. He was getting frustrated but listened to her. He just laughed when he got his Oreos. They are so cute. I helped my dad with a present for my mom...a cast iron picnic caddy to hold all of the paper utensils for all of our family gatherings.
After all presents were opened, the kids started playing with a few. They sang a couple of karaoke songs (after I got the youtube thing to work), and dad started doing his waffles. But they had picked up some kodiak mixes at the store so he didn't make his famous waffles. They were still good - just not as good as his.
We packed up all of our stuff and headed home to unload it there. I had to start the peach cobbler for the dinner out at Hollee's in a few hours. I tried to take a little nap...I think I slept for 10 minutes but that was enough to get me through. We headed out to Hollee's...well kind of, I ended up switching to my Grandpa's car since my tire was still giving me problems.
We got out to Hollee's a little later than we had hoped but still made it. And how nice was it that it was Hollee's birthday and she invited us over for dinner haha. Mainly because Jonah was on call and couldn't leave Hurricane :( But they cooked a turkey, funeral potatoes and rolls and the rest of the family brought salad, veggies and dessert. It was a great dinner.
We brought the karaoke machine and the kids had fun singing songs. Oaklee loved when they did the "Baby Shark" song. Great Grandpa had fun watching the kids perform. Colten had practice "Take the World by Storm" so he could perform it at Hollee's. It was cute. I took off after dinner to take Grandpa home and thought I was going to a party with a few friends and Aspen was going to play with a friend. But on the way home I learned that most people had left. Well I had left my house keys with Colten so I was locked out of the house. So I went over to Darcee's to chill with Kayleeya until Darcee got back. We watched about 4 episodes of Fuller House and then I got hungry. So Aspen and I went to find some food and Grandpa called. He said that we could get into his house and get my spare keys. I had had a thought earlier to call and see if there was a way in but dismissed it. I turned it into a teaching moment with Aspen...that the Holy Ghost had given me a prompting that I didn't listen too and we could have been in our house. Oh well...we did get the spare keys and get into the house. Aspen and Colten were going to go sleep over with Jeramiah and Alijah so we waited for Darcee to come grab her then I was off to bed. All in all it was a great Christmas spent with family. Side note: I got the post all done on the 26th yay!


















No comments:
Post a Comment