On Friday night, I went to a single's mingle with some friends. It was a fancy party with good treats and dancing. It was fun to dress up a little and have fun with some friends.
Our Sundays are still a little busy. I attend the family ward with the kids and then go off to the single adult ward making a total of 6 hours of church for me ;). Then we head over to my parents to watch the Broncos game....which has been rough this year. We watch the Broncos almost win week in and week out. So Colten and I have relied on our fantasy football to keep us in the football spirit. I always love going to my parents...and the fact that they put up with our love of football.
I attended the single's ward Christmas dinner on Monday night. They really do go all out for the ward. They put up lights and catered with Pizza Factory. The bishopric gave us a little book written by Elder Uchdorft about the meaning of Christmas. I love that I have found this ward and great friends in it.
Tuesday was a day I had been waiting for a long while...the Florida Georgia Line concert. I got up early and worked so I could get off early. Hollee, Kayleeya and I drove down and met up with my parents. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner before dad dropped us off at our concert. Canaan Smith and Mason Ramsey opened for FGL. We got a picture with Canaan Smith - Kayleeya was in heaven. Mom like Mason Ramsey, a 12ish year old who sang older country songs. Hollee and I waited patiently for FGL. And man did they put on a good show. I think there was only one song I didn't know...and it was from their upcoming album lol. Hollee got a surprise when Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys joined FGL for "God, Your Mama and Me". This is definitely a group I could go back to over and over. My parents provided the accommodations this time around...the presidential suite at the Desert Palms Wyndam condos. It had 3 bedrooms and a private balcony. Sad that we were only there less than 24 hours to enjoy it...my parents were there for 2 days so they got to enjoy it.
While I was partying in Vegas, my kid's were cared for by Darcee. She took them to our family ward Christmas dinner and then just made sure all the kids got to school. The kids were excited to have a sleep over with Jeramiah and Alijah on a school night.
That Friday the kids wanted to go watch Arrowhead's production of Willy Wonka Jr. Colten had watched it at school but wanted to see it again. Cole joined in on the fun but more for support for me to get through it. Luckily the production was only 30 minutes long. It was a cute production and the kids did a good job. Cole and I dropped off the kids at the house and went and grabbed some ice cream afterwards lol.
Also President Nelson made a big announcement for the church...one that impacts Aspen in a few weeks. They are changing how the youth program advances. Girls will move to Young Women in January of the year they turn 12 - and can receive a limited use temple recommend in January. Aspen is done with primary in a few short weeks (well just one more week when I am writing this but it was weeks when the announcement came out). I had Aspen read the email and she understood what was being said and was super excited about it all. She can't wait to go to Young Women's and be able to go to the temple.
Saturday brought the usual busyness. I got invited to go to the St. George Musical Theater production of Beauty and the Beast by Ani, another single girl from my family ward. I had never been to this theater before. It is a very interesting one and I thought they did a good job. After the play, I quickly ran over to Sweet Tooth Fairy for national cupcake day. They were having a sale, a dozen cupcakes for $15. The kids paid for their cupcakes and I FaceTimed them for them to pick out the ones they wanted. I then had to rush home to get Colten to Trent's birthday party and make a peach cobbler for a party I was going to. My friend Sarah was putting on an ugly Christmas sweater party. It was a fun evening with again, lots of good food, treats and friends
![]() |
| Mallory Lambson |
Sunday was a great day. In the family ward, the young men did the sacrament program. It was incredible and I loved every minute of it. I was in charge of the munch and mingle at the single's ward so I headed over there afterwards. There are three of us single mom's that are in charge of the munch and mingle every other month. It is fun to be involved in the ward.
The Chris Christmas family party was also Sunday night - I was an hour late due to my munch and mingle duty but everyone else made it on time. My parents had come picked up my kids. I went and picked up Grandpa on my way over. We made it just in time for dinner. The kids had decorated their gingerbread houses and I am not really sure what else they did lol. We were on a time crunch since Justyn had to get his kids back so after dinner we did presents. My parents got all the families the popcorn buckets to the movie theaters along with some candy, a weatherproof blanket (that will remain in the car) and a movie...oh and a tape measure lol. I now have two of those. I am not entirely sure what the kids got. I know Aspen got a purse and Colten got another virtual reality headset. Then since we finally had every person there, we took some family pictures. And I did a selfie with everyone...a much better one than a Halloween.
This past week has been a little more relaxed. The kids and I have been watching movies in the evenings. The kids were excited when they got done with school. Thursday, Grandpa Higgins and Sheila came down. They visited with us for a little bit before heading out to Holly's. Aspen had her art class and her teacher really outdid herself. She had them paint on plates and Aspen did a pretty good job with hers. She ended up giving it Grandpa and Sheila. We went to dinner with Holly and her family and Grandpa and Sheila at Guru's, a new place up the road from my house. That night we were heading to Tuacahn's Fairy Tale Christmas. I had an extra ticket so I surprised Aspen by inviting her bestie, Audra. Wendie brought Audra to the restaurant.and we were able to surprise her by coordinating through texting. Then she got super excited when I told her Audra was coming to the play with us. Colten had his cousins to keep him entertained during the play.
Friday I was finally done with work. I had the kids do some chores before venturing out for the day. Grandma Chris had invited the kids over for a sleepover to do a little baking. Through a series of weird stuff, we ended up going on a horse and carriage ride through Little Valley. It was fun. Darcee was in heaven and thought it was the greatest thing on the planet. It was also fun to see the driver's faces when they had to pass us. The kids had a fun time too. Aspen loved being around the horses. Many thanks to Penny and Mark Wilson.
The kids headed off with Grandma and Grandpa for the sleepover while I headed home for a quiet evening. I ended up making some chocolate chip cookies for neighbors and friends.
Saturday was a pretty low key day. I was able to attend the temple, gym and get Grandpa's house cleaned all before noon. I went and picked up the kids from the grandparents house. They made a few treats to take to neighbors and then brought a couple of them home as well. We made a quick pit stop at the house before heading out to meet Marie and her son at Laser Mania. The kids were able to do 2 games of laser tag and then play a few arcade games. They had a good time and loved meeting a new friend.
We just spent the evening at home...the kids watched "Christmas Chronicles" with me after putting up a stink about not wanting to watch it. They enjoyed it. Afterwards, they watched "Santa Buddies" and I went to bed lol. All in all, it was nice to have a quiet weekend before the chaos of Christmas.
Today, the kids agreed to come to the singles ward since it is just sacrament meeting and it starts at 1 lol. It will be fun to have them there with me.





























































No comments:
Post a Comment