The last part of November was so great this year. Thus the reason for no posts the last 2 or 3 or 4 weeks. So I'll do my best to capture all of the excitement.
I had two days of work the following week, pretty easy week for me. Students were pretty good to get what I asked for done. Plus I decided to work early in the morning and go to the gym later.
Monday my Aunt Terri and Uncle Tom got into town. So I went over to my parents for a little bit to chat with them. It is always good to see them. After we caught up for a little bit, I headed over to the church for the single adult Thanksgiving Dinner. I really love that they have a single adult ward here in St. George so I can make some friends. It is a bonus that you can get some yummy food too.
Wednesday started my vacation :) I started it off by going to the temple with my mom and Terri. Then we headed to McDonald's and chatted for a couple of hours. I love some good girl chatting. That evening I went to Texas Roadhouse with the family (my parents, Terri and Tom and Grandpa). For some reason, it took forever for us to get our food. I think we were there for 2 hours. The waitress was really nice and kept us informed. Luckily we were able to keep each other entertained. After dinner, I headed home to work on a pecan cheesecake for Tom. I made him a pecan pie last year when they came out so I made him one this year. I also bought the pecan chocolate chip pie from Cracker Barrel. The cheesecake took a lot longer than I expected, not sure I will try it again.
Thursday was Thanksgiving. Terri and Tom had gone down to Vegas to pick up Todd, Andrea and Sarah (Todd's girlfriend). I headed over to my parent's about 10 to just get in all the family time I could :). Oh and I turned on football instead of watching the parade - my mom wasn't too pleased about that. We just had a small group this year, Darcee and her kids, my parents, Terri and her crew and me. Justyn, Rachel and Issy made an appearance after dinner but then Justyn was called into work. Darcee and her kids took off to go some black Friday shopping. We played games for most of the night and then I headed home.
Friday I went met Terri and her crew at Bishop's for breakfast. My parent's had left early that morning for Salt Lake. Grandpa made it over as well. I have still been cleaning Grandpa's house to help him out a bit. I had discovered that he had mice in his house so Tom helped get traps set up and helped get rid of them when a mouse was trapped. I told Grandpa I would have to charge him 3 times as much to get rid of mice lol. Friday afternoon, I took Sarah, Todd and Tom on the hike to Scout's Cave. I was worried it would be dark before we got back but we just barley made it. They enjoyed the hike. I am still having problems with my right leg conking out on me after awhile. I actually feel 3 times during that hike. Luckily I was able to hold it together for the rest of the hike and made sure to watch my steps. After the hike, I introduced them to Hu Hot, the new Mongolian BBQ place in town. Once they figured out how it worked, I think they really enjoyed it. Some of my friends were also there for dinner before going karaoking. I joined them after my family left. I didn't stay out late since I was leaving for Salt Lake in the morning. Just needed to take advantage of one more night with friends before getting my kids back.
Saturday morning Andrea and I headed up to Salt Lake. My mom was singing in the Tabernacle with a choir and had asked for us to come watch her perform. Plus I was getting my kids back. Andrea joined me so she didn't have to endure the 4.5 hour drive smushed in the back of a car with 3 adults. We had a good time. She had commented on a math order of operations problem and was in a debate with an engineer, who was incorrect. It was fun to talk and get to know her a little more. It was projected that it would snow so that is why we left so early. Well we got a little bit of snow on the drive and were up in Salt Lake around noon. So naturally we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I tried the peppermint bark cheesecake...it was so good. We headed to Bath and Body Works before I got notified that my kids were in the parking lot lol. So I headed out to get them. Then I asked if they wanted to take care of their Christmas shopping and of course they said yes. So Andrea went with Aspen and I went with Colten and we got most of the shopping done. We headed up to Temple Square to go watch my mom sing. We met up with everyone and enjoyed the show. My friend Kyle also showed up and then we walked around Temple Square to look at all the lights. I wanted to hurry because it was also really cold. We went to Apollo Burger for dinner and ate with everyone, minus mom who had a second show, before parting ways. The kids and I were staying with my ministering sister Pam Wade. Her and her husband have a house in Salt Lake and St. George and had offered it to me if I ever needed it. Normally I am able to stay with family but it didn't work out this time. Colten was excited because Bro Wade was watching the BYU vs Utah game. I stayed up for a little while, I think I made it to half time before calling it a night. Aspen went upstairs and watched a cooking show with Pam. Grateful for wonderful people who just take in my kids and that my kids just feel at home almost anywhere.
On Sunday, we got up and headed out to attend sacrament meeting. I had reached out to Baylee and had arranged to get together with her and the twins while we were up there. Alyssa and Alanah had just moved to Orem after a fire had gone through Paradise and taken their home. They all seem to be doing well. They all work at the same place and just signed a lease on a little apartment. The kids enjoyed seeing them.
Well that is all for Thanksgiving week. Now to catch up on the last 3 weeks another time - it's late lol















































No comments:
Post a Comment