Sunday, March 21, 2021

Just when you think it's Spring

 Mother Nature reminds you that she is in charge.  We had gotten snow on Friday and Saturday the previous weekend and then on Tuesday we woke up to at least an inch of snow and it was still snowing.  My first period class was super jealous of the snow fall.   Apparently, it was better weather up north.

That same day, I was heading to St. George to get my second COVID vaccine shot.  I also got to do a little service that day by driving the lady that I minister to to St. George.  It worked out and I got to know her a little better.  The rest of the week was a little warmer.  I am hoping that we will not have any more snow the rest of the year.

Zac has been keeping really busy at work.  He has also kept busy building tanks for his new geckos.  I think we almost have about 50 animals in our house right now.  Oh and our next set of day gecko eggs hatched this week.  They are pretty cute when they are little.


Aspen is keeping busy again by doing tech after school for the high school play.  She has still been doing her art class once a week at the rec center.  I got her an early birthday gift by finding the complete Harry Potter film Scene It game.  It came this past week and the three of us played it on Friday while Zac was out.



Colten is keeping busy helping Zac on a few of his cars.  He is doing the 7 on 7 football league with Hurricane this year.  It's one touch football.  His games will start in April so he is excited to do football again.  Both kids started the last quarter for the school year this past week and still enjoying being able to go to school.  Utah is talking about lift the mask mandate beginning of April but I am hoping that next year the kids will not have to wear masks at all.  They have been troopers and haven't complained at all.

Zac had needed some acrylic glue and he had searched all over St. George but his plexi glass guy had some he could use.  Well Zac had already been to St. George once and he wasn't wanting to go back.  I called Darcee and Jay to see if they would be able to get it.  Then I was able to convince them to come out by asking for help with our front door threshold.  Darcee had never been out to my house since we got all the animals.  She really liked Waffles and Godzilla, my leopard gecko and the bearded dragon.  She was not a fan of our mealworm farm or the dubia roaches lol.  We paid them back by going to Dairy Queen and getting blizzards.

On Saturday, Zac had to paint a mustang so I planned to work on my master's class.  The kids helped picked up food for the stake food drive and then they spent the rest of the day playing at the Howard's house.  Zac was able to get the mustang painted and during the middle of it, he sold a bunch of the Ford focus parts he has been trying to sell.  So naturally, we went to Dairy Queen again but with the kids.  I sure do love our life...even the bad times.



No comments:

Post a Comment